ResMed Airsense 11 Troubleshooting Guide
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier offers all the benefits of an auto-adjusting pressure device with an integrated heated humidifier that provides soothing warm moist air to prevent CPAP side effects, wireless connectivity for ease of use, and patient support that helps you receive the best CPAP therapy possible. If you run into issues with your ResMed AirSense 11 use this troubleshooting guide to resolve common problems before calling a technician.
How To Turn on My ResMed Airsense 11
To start therapy follow these simple steps:
1. Fit your mask
2. Press the Start therapy/Standby button or breathe normally if SmartStart is enabled. Therapy will begin and the treatment screen is displayed. A dynamic pulse wave will appear during therapy.
3. To review your sleep progress, click on the down arrow to view more details.
What can happen to the ResMed Airsense 11 during therapy:
- The screen will fade and then go black automatically after a short period of time. Tap the screen to turn it back on.
- If power is interrupted during therapy, the device will automatically restart therapy when power is restored.
- The device has a light sensor that adjusts the screen brightness based on the light in the room.
How To Turn Off My ResMed Airsense 11
To stop therapy follow these steps:
1. Remove your mask.
2. Press the Start therapy/Standby button or wait until the device stops if SmartStop is enabled.
The user-friendly display makes it easy to turn your ResMed Airsense 11 on and off.
How To Change My Pressure on a ResMed Airsense 11
To adjust pressure on the ResMed Airsense:
1.Swipe up or down the screen to view menu options
2. Select a parameter setting to update. For other parameters (eg Pressure Relief, Airplane mode), tap the parameter to turn it on or tap to turn it off .
If you have received the device direct to your home, prescription settings may not have been applied to your device. Ensure a wireless connection has been established to enable your care provider to install the prescribed settings.
The device can be set up for your needs by your care provider, but you may want to make adjustments to make your therapy more comfortable.
1. Tap MY OPTIONS from the Home screen.
2. Tap the parameter you wish to change.
3. Tap the preferred setting. Tap OK to confirm the change or CANCEL to go back to the previous settings.
Can a ResMed AirSense 11 Work Without Water?
The heated humidifier is only an option to provide comfort during CPAP therapy. You can operate the device without the humidifier.
The ResMed Airsense 11 will work without water in the tub but you’ll need to insert it into the device and turn humidification off in the My Options menu. If you don’t want to use the humidifier, you’ll need to insert a side cover into the device.
How Do I Connect My ResMed AirSense 11 To Bluetooth?
myAir is a smartphone app that guides you through the setup process. This includes device setup videos, mask fitting videos, trying therapy using the Test Drive feature, and tracking your sleep health progress.
1. Ensure your AirSense 11 device is set up correctly and plugged into a power source.
2. Launch the myAir app. Tap Continue.
3. Follow the prompts on the myAir app to complete the Bluetooth connection. This will connect the device to the app. The Bluetooth connection symbol appears on the status bar to confirm the connection between the AirSense 11 device and the smartphone.
4. Tap Done.
How To Connect My ResMed Airsense 11 To Wifi
The ResMed AirSense 11 will connect to a Wifi signal. Use the myAir app and follow the prompts to start your Bluetooth connection. Once you see that the connection is successful you can access your ResMed Airsense 11 via WIFI.
If the device is connected to the cloud, then the ResMed Software on the device will automatically and periodically download updates and upgrades to the ResMed Software on the device. Such downloads may be done by various means including, but not limited to, using Bluetooth® wireless technology, WiFi, and/or cellular networks and combinations of various wireless technologies and services.
How To Clean My ResMed Airsense 11
You should clean the device, humidifier tub, air tubing, and outlet connector as described. For cleaning your mask, refer to the mask user guide for detailed instructions.
1. Empty the humidifier tub and wipe it thoroughly with a clean disposable cloth. Allow it to dry out of direct sunlight.
2. Refill the humidifier tub.
- Air tubing - in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid. • Humidifier tub - in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid OR in a solution with a ratio of 1 part vinegar and 9 parts water at room temperature.
- Outlet connector - in warm water using a mild dishwashing liquid OR in a solution with a ratio of 1 part vinegar and 9 parts water at room temperature.
- Rinse each component thoroughly in water. 3. Allow to dry out of direct sunlight or heat 4. Wipe the exterior of the device with a dry cloth.
Where to Buy the ResMed Airsense 11
You can buy the ResMed AirSense 11 at The CPAP Shop. We also offer the added benefit of an expert staff who can guide you through the CPAP machine selection process. Our knowledgeable staff can also help you select essential supplies ranging from CPAP masks, tubing, and important cleaning accessories you may need for your CPAP therapy. Give us a call at 866-414-9700 today.