Comparing the 3 Best Selling Nasal Pillow CPAP Masks
How do the 3 most popular nasal pillow CPAP Masks compare?
Chris Vasta of The CPAP Shop narrates this short video comparing the three most popular nasal pillow maks; the ResMed P10, the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Q, and also the Respironics Nuance. All three of these best-selling nasal pillow masks will work with any CPAP or BiPAP machine.
Why CPAP Nasal Masks?
CPAP pillow masks are far smaller than other nasal masks and have less contact with the face, so less chance of causing skin irritation. The smaller design is appealing to CPAP users who want to read a book or watch TV before they fall asleep. Many people in the industry think that making the masks more comfortable and less obtrusive can lead to easier CPAP therapy compliance (using the mask at least 4 hours a night). In addition, most nasal pillow masks are for sleepers who move around at night, alternating between sleeping on their backs, sides and stomachs without being uncomfortable by the mask.
Features of the ResMed AirFit P10 include:
- Each mask comes with 3 sizes of nasal pillows to fit any nose
- The headgear is stretchy so there is no need for Velcro
- Air escapes next to the nasal pillows making the mask extremely quiet
- Pillows come off easily for cleaning or replacement
- The mask has a short tube with a swivel on it that can connect to longer tubing.
Features of the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo Q include:
- This nasal mask has a filter to disperse the air gently and quietly
- The nasal pillow is a one-size-fits-all to accommodate all nose sizes
- The nasal pillow self inflates to provide an effective seal
- The nasal pillow is made of a very soft silicon, and ergonomically designed to fit any size nose by folding around and holding the pillow in place
- Nasal pillows come out easily for cleaning or replacement
- Headgear is similar to the nuance since it uses replaceable Velcro straps to adjust the fit (different from the P10)
- The mask has a short hose that swivels and can connect to a longer hose.
Features of the Philips Respironics Nuance:
- This nasal CPAP mask has a gel-style nasal pillow, and gel is injected into the pillow itself
- Every mask again comes with all three sizes of nasal pillows
- Nasal pillows snap off for easy cleaning or replacement
- The short tube on the mask is very stretchy so it won’t pull off of your face, and it has a swivel connection for a longer tube
- This mask comes with “regular” Velcro style headgear (different from the P10).