High Deductible Insurance and CPAP
A high deductible insurance plan is pretty common these days and comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately, when purchasing CPAP therapy essentials, a high deductible plan is less than ideal. On average, these plans have a deductible around $6000. This is a costly mark, and generally not easily met by most patients. As a result, those who choose to use insurance for their CPAP supplies oftentimes spend additional out of pocket to simply meet these deductibles. In the case of machines, the rental period for a device extends into a second year, meaning a customer would have to hit their deductible twice.
Alternatively, there are e-commerce retailers that offer cash pay alternatives to buy CPAP equipment and supplies. These retailers are gaining popularity for their competitive pricing, larger inventory, and hands-on customer service.
Why is CPAP Equipment Not Covered by High Deductible Insurance Plans?
As a continuing trend, insurance companies are rapidly reducing the reimbursement rate on medical equipment expenses. High deductible plans, or catastrophic plans, are designed for serious medical events. As such, DME or durable medical equipment for sleep apnea may only be partially covered or not covered at all.
Buying from a No-Insurance CPAP Supplier
Those in need of CPAP equipment but locked into a high deductible insurance plan should research the private pay alternatives where patients can buy the same medical equipment outside of insurance. These retailers often run promotions and sales to sell equipment at a fraction of the original cost. The easiest way to stay abreast of the latest deals is to sign up for our newsletter.
Other Benefits of Direct CPAP Purchasing
- Freedom of choice. You are not restricted in your CPAP machine or CPAP mask selection based on insurance coverage. Select the best CPAP machine and most comfortable mask to fit your needs. At The CPAP Shop, we have over 900 machines, masks, accessories and supplies — the newest and latest innovations including Bleep, the CPAP mask with no headgear, and SoClean, the waterless CPAP sanitizer.
- Financing Options. Additionally, you can finance your CPAP purchases so that you get the equipment that you need with affordable monthly payments.
- Expert consultation. The CPAP Shop’s knowledgeable staff can help you find the best CPAP machine and accessories. Our experts also provide important tips and resources to help you with CPAP therapy.
- Ease of Reordering. When it comes time to replace your CPAP accessories, The CPAP Shop makes purchasing the necessary supplies fast and easy. You can even create a personal account and earn rewards points on each purchase.
- Free Shipping. The CPAP Shop offers free shipping on orders over $99.