How To Clean The Amara Gel CPAP Mask?
Cleaning your Amara gel mask and tubing before the first use and routinely every day is very important. For best results, the mask should be disassembled. Remove the headgear by slipping off the top straps and unhooking the bottom clips. Slide the forehead pad off the track of the forehead pad support.
- Grasp the mask cushion and pull it from the frame.
- Wash the mask parts and the disconnected tubing in warm water with mild soap with conditioners or moisturizers.
- Do not use bleach, alcohol, or cleaning solutions containing bleach or alcohol.
- Rinse thoroughly with water and air-dry out of direct sunlight.
- Be sure the mask and tubing are dry before use.
- Some people simply wash and rinse the tubing during their morning shower and then hang it in the shower to dry. The regular cleaning process does not require the headgear to be removed every time. However, it should be washed weekly or as needed. It can be washed by hand in warm soapy water. Lay the headgear or line dry. Do not place it into the dryer. Air dry.
When you are ready to use the mask at night connect it to your CPAP device and blow any water out before you put the mask on. The mask and tubing must be dry before use. Be sure to inspect your mask and tubing for damage or wear such as cracking or tears. Discard and replace any parts as necessary.