ResMed AirFit F30 CPAP Full Face Mask Review
With all of the CPAP full face masks available, it’s important to do your research before making a purchase. The ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask is a customer favorite. Here’s why.
What is the ResMed AirFit F30 CPAP Full Face Mask?
The ResMed AirFit F30 is a redesigned full face mask that rests lower and covers less of your face. This innovation reduces red marks on the face and nose bridge that typically occur from bulkier full face masks. The under-the-nose design of the cushion helps maintain a comfortable seal throughout the night, which prevents leaks.
Key Features of the ResMed AirFit F30 CPAP Full Face Mask
- The QuietAir™ elbow minimizes airflow noise providing a more peaceful sleep for your bed partner
- The versatile headgear easily fits most users with minimal adjustment
- An UltraCompact cushion offers additional support and comfort while sleeping
- A quick release elbow feature lets you slip out of your mask quickly and easily
- The streamlined design allows for a clear field of vision for reading or watching TV in bed
Benefits of Using the AirFit F30 CPAP Full Face Mask
The Resmed AirFit F30 provides extra comfort while you sleep while also maintaining a low-noise environment for your sleeping partner. Because full face masks have a tendency to leave red marks, the AirFit F30 was designed for minimal face coverage. Less contact means fewer red marks. And the under-the-eye framing and headgear make it easier to watch TV while wearing the mask.
The AirFit F30 Compared to its Competitors
See how the AirFit F30 stacks up to other CPAP full face masks.
|Features||ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask||ResMed AirTouch F20 Full Face Mask||ResMed Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask||Respironics Comfort Gel Full Face Mask||Respironics DreamWear Full Face Mask|
|Active Sleeper Friendly||10||8||9||8||10|
|Clear Field of Vision||10||9||6||5||10|
|Headgear Comfort and Design||10||10||10||10||9|
AirFit F30 Design
The AirFit F30 design offers other practical benefits including more comfort for a restful sleep.
The AirFit F30 mask is intended to be used by patients weighing more than 66 lbs (30 kg) who have been prescribed non-invasive positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy such as CPAP or bi-level therapy. The mask is intended for single patient re-use in the home and multi-patient re-use in the hospital/institutional environment.
Storage & Disposal
Ensure that the mask is thoroughly clean and dry before storing it for any length of time. Store the mask in a dry place out of direct sunlight. This mask does not contain any hazardous substances and may be disposed of with your normal household refuse.
Is the ResMed AirFit F30 CPAP Mask Comfortable?
The ResMed AirFit F30 is designed for optimal sleeping comfort with two remarkable design innovations:
The UltraCompact cushion is specially designed to keep you comfortable when you sleep on your side.
The headgear design offers a first time fit, contouring to even unique face shapes.
Maintenance & Disassembling
- To disassemble, disconnect the device air tubing from the mask elbow.
- Undo the fastening tabs on the upper headgear straps and pull them from the frame. Keep the magnetic clips attached to the lower headgear straps.
- Squeeze the side buttons on the elbow and detach from the frame. Hold the top and bottom of the cushion and separate from the frame.
Clean the headgear weekly and the elbow, frame and cushion after every use.
- Soak the components in warm water with a mild liquid detergent. Ensure that there are no air bubbles while soaking.
- Shake the components vigorously in the water for at least one minute and hand wash with a soft bristle brush. Pay particular attention to all connection areas, elbow vent holes and valves.
- Thoroughly rinse the components under running water.
- Squeeze the headgear to remove excess water. Leave the components to air dry out of direct sunlight. If the mask components are not visibly clean, repeat the cleaning steps.
The pressure flow curve shows the controlled rate of flow through the mask's built-in vents.
- Therapy pressure: 3 to 30cm H2O
- Drop in pressure measured (nominal) at 50 L/min: 0.3cm H2O
- Drop in pressure measured (nominal) at 100 L/min: 0.7cm H2O
- Inspiration at 50 L/min: 0.6cm H2O
- Expiration at 50 L/min: 0.8cm H2O
- Anti-Asphyxia Valve open-to-atmosphere pressure: ≤3cm H2O
- Anti-Asphyxia Valve closed-to-atmosphere pressure: ≤3cm H2O
The QuietAir vent design diffuses exhaled air within the mask offering quieter operation throughout the night.
Ease of Use if You Have to Get Up at Night
The magnetic headgear clips and quick release elbow make removing and reattaching the headgear and mask fast and easy for getting up at night.
List of Compatible CPAP Machines
The ResMed AirFit F30 is compatible with all CPAP, BiPAP and VPAP machines.
Is there a Warranty?
All CPAP masks from The CPAP Shop have a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase.
Where Can You Buy it?
You can buy the ResMed AirFit F30 online at The CPAP Shop. You can also call 866-414-9700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. When you purchase from The CPAP Shop, you earn rewards with your purchase for future discounts.
Any Risk-Free Trial Available?
With The CPAP Shop you get a 30-day no hassle money back guarantee so try this mask today.
Is Headgear Included?
With your AirFit F30 Full Face Mask purchase you get:
- Mask frame
- 2 magnetic clips
- Full face cushion
What are Customers Saying About AirFit F30?
“I tried the ResMed F30 after using the F20 for a couple of years. The bridge of my nose has developed a sore that wouldn’t heal and the marks on my face were drawing attention at work. The F30 has provided a month of pain free sleeping and no more fighter pilot look! The cpapshop was wonderful to deal with and I know where to go for all my supplies in the future.” – Review by Stenhammer, 9/30/19
“I'm somewhat new to cpap regimen, 4 months or so and it has helped me tremendously. For my money I don't think you could have another full-face mask perform as well and be move comfortable and less intrusive then the F30 by ResMed. I don't ever want to be without it, so I ordered another one to have on hand, just in case!” – Review by Tom, 9/23/19
“I've tried several different full face masks over the years and never was completely satisfied with any of them until I tried the F30. No more stripes on my face from the straps and red marks around my nose like the previous mask left. Can wear my glasses with the mask on which I couldn't do before. Very comfortable and I'm a side sleeper and this mask stays leak free when on my side. Would highly recommend this mask to anyone who needs a full face mask. Very quiet so the wife loves it to. No wind tunnel sound.” – Reviewed by Don H, 5/20/19
This post is based on the author’s sole review. We also want to hear your reviews and comments if you have used this product. If have any questions, our customer care team is available via phone at 866-414-9700 or via email at email@example.com.